Art, Cars, Antiques, Music, Education Fill the Weekend
Get out to the Blue Ribbon Classic Car Show, East Cobber Parade, Art & Design Show House, Constitution Day Festival, Marietta Grassroots Festival and the Marietta StreetFest.
1. On Sept. 15, the Marietta Museum of History presents Marietta StreetFest, a one-day event with a top-notch Arts, Crafts & Antiques Market, the Hubcaps and History Classic Car Show, the new Jewelry Row and a chance to visit the neighborhood restaurants, shops and historic sites found around the Square.
The Marietta Grassroots Festival, featuring bands and singer/songwriters from throughout the metro area who will perform original music, will also take place on Marietta Square on Saturday.
2. The 3rd annual Constitution Day Festival takes place on Sunday, Sept. 16, at 12:30pm. Celebrate America’s birthday in Glover Park with musical performances including Banks & Shane as well as performances by local student groups. The Constitution Day Fest also features inflatables, food and family fun along with Founding Father re-enactors, Constitutional speakers and the Walk Thru The Constitution Challenge.
3. The second annual Art & Design Show House takes place from Friday, Sept. 14 to Saturday, Sept. 29, and is a fundraiser benefiting the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art. The event brings together the artistic works of local artists with interior designers who coordinate the interior design ‘around’ the art.
The 2012 show house takes up residence in The Park at Anderson Farms at the home of Dr. William K. Farrar and Debbie Farrar. 256 Hanson Way, Marietta. For more information, call (770) 528-1444.
4. The annual East Cobber Parade and Festival takes place on Sept. 15. The event begins with a parade that starts at Mt. Bethel Elementary School and travels one mile south on Johnson Ferry Road to the Fountains of Olde Towne Shopping Center.
5. The Blue Ribbon Classic Car Show takes place at Jim Miller Park from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15. The event showcases cars displayed in their individual time period categories, such as the 1940s, ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s.