Cobb Chamber Seeks Your Opinion
Chamber’s survey of residents to rate area’s business climate, education system, quality of life and more tops The 5 Things for today.
1. The Cobb Chamber of Commerce wants your opinions on a lot of factors about our county. And with this input, chamber officials hope to better understand the opportunities and challenges our county faces.
So click here for an online survery to rate the area's business climate, education system, infrastructure, quality of life, and economy.
The survey is part of Cobb's Competitive EDGE, an initiative of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce and its community-wide partners to develop an economic development strategy and plan to generate high-wage job growth, strengthen our quality of life, education and infrastructure assets, and market Cobb County to the world.
For information, call 404-588-2447.
2. RBC Bank along with Gentlemen Who Barter and Women Who Barter are sponsoring a special business workshop to provide local business owners with better banking relationships and other skills. This event, from 2:30 to 6 p.m. today at The Marlow House, 192 Church St NE, will include discussions about credit card services, payroll services, business Insurance, business estate planning and more.
3. For your civic duty enjoyment, the Cobb Community Relations Council meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. today at the Cobb Central Library. The Real Estate Committee of the Marietta Redevelopment Corp. meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at the second floor conference room of Marietta City Hall.
4. The Cobb County Water System's Annual Water Quality Report, also known as the Consumer Confidence Report, is now available. This federally mandated report covers January-December 2010 and provides residents with information regarding the quality of their drinking water. The report may be accessed at cobbcounty.org/water. For information, call 770-423-1000.
5. Today is American Eagle Day. Check out this link to learn more about our national mascot and symbol.