Free Movie Screenings in Cobb
Join the Cobb County Library System for "La Bamba," "Manchurian Candidate," "Thumbelina," "The Lorax," "Chicken Run" and other films.
October film screenings at Cobb County Public Library System branches include entertaining and thought-provoking movies for all ages. Films are in the lineup for the Central, Mountain View, East Cobb and East Marietta branches.
- Monday Night Mania: Film series at 3 p.m. each Monday afternoon at Central. Here’s the October screenings: Oct. 8, La Bamba (PG-13); October 15, Manchurian Candidate (PG-13); October 22, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (NR); Oct. 29, The Candidate (PG)
- Children’s Saturday Cinema runs at 3 p.m. at Central. Films in the series in October are: October 6, Thumbelina (G); October 13, The Pirates! Band of Misfits (PG); October 20, The Lorax (PG); and October 27, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (G).
- Mountain View is hosting the School’s Out Early Movies at the Library series, October 22-25 at 3:30 p.m. each day. The series – The Pirates! Band of Misfits, The Lorax, A Bug’s Life, and Chicken Run – will be during a week of early release dates for Cobb County School District elementary and middle school students.
- East Cobb’s Sherlock Holmes Film Festival is Saturdays at 2 p.m.
- FilmFest, a series of short films based on picture books, is at East Marietta. The series runs Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on film screenings and other events at the libraries, visit the Programs section of cobbcat.org or call any library branch.