Get Out to Beer, Barks & BBQ; Music; Art; and More
Family Day at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art, the Summer Craft Beer Tasting at the Marietta Wine Market, dating old portraits with Pamela Cole and more—check out what's going on this weekend in Marietta.
1. On Friday, June 29, come out to enjoy the Glover Park Concert Series—China Grove (Doobie Bros Tribute Band). Concerts begin at 8 p.m. Get more information on the Glover Park Concert Series here.
2. It’s time for the First Sunday Family Day at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art. The first Sunday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m., you can join the museum for an afternoon of fun activities for the family.
3. Join the Marietta Wine Market on Saturday, June 30 from 2 until 4 p.m. for the Summer Craft Beer Tasting. Along with the beers, the market will be serving grilled chicken, black beans and chips with a souvenir glass to keep. Proceeds from the event will go to the Homeless Pets Foundation sponsored by Dr. Good of Town & Country Vet. The cost is $15 per person.
4. Pamela Cole will give a talk on dating old portrait photos and paintings on Saturday, June 30 at 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Avery Gallery. The talks will be followed by a question and answer period. Folks may bring in their own old photos or portraits to be analyzed.
5. It’s your last chance to catch Gypsy at the Strand Theatre. The play runs through July 1. The musical is loosely based on the 1957 memoirs of Gypsy Rose Lee, the famous striptease artist, and focuses on her mother, Momma Rose, whose name has become synonymous with "the ultimate show-business mother."
6. Join the Marietta Trolley Co. for a ride through Marietta history Thursday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Highlights of the tour include Marietta Square/Glover Park, the Western & Atlantic Depot, National Cemetery, Tranquilla, Kennesaw Mountain and the Root House.
7. Walk the streets of haunted Marietta by lantern light with the Ghosts of Marietta Walking Ghost Tour. Tours are 90 minutes and the walk is under a mile. Tours are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
8. Don't forget about the Marietta Square Farmers Market on Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon and Sunday, 12 to 3 p.m.