Get Out to Honor Veterans, Music in the Square, Shopping, History
This weekend get out to the final Good Mews spring flea market of the year, Marietta Trolley Co. tours, Ghost Walks, a behind-the-scenes look at the Strand Theatre and more.
1. Celebrate our servicemen and Wounded Warriors with the Hearts for Heroes III event at the Strand Theatre. Thursday night the public is invited for an evening of memories, music, military and more. The Strand event will be followed by a VIP reception at the home of former Georgia Governor Roy Barnes.
2. Bring your lunch and enjoy local musician Joy Parkman (Worship) Thursday at noon on the stage in Glover Park at the Square.
3. Join the Strand Theatre for a behind-the-scenes look on Thursday at 11 a.m.
4. Good Mews, a no-kill cat shelter, is holding its 10th annual spring flea market. It is the nonprofit organization's biggest fundraiser of the year. The sale runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. May 13 is the final day of the market. East Lake Shopping Center: 2145 Roswell Rd, Marietta, GA 30062.
5. Join the Marietta Trolley Co. for a ride through Marietta history Thursday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Highlights of the tour include Marietta Square/Glover Park, the Western & Atlantic Depot, National Cemetery, Tranquilla, Kennesaw Mountain and the Root House.
6. Walk the streets of haunted Marietta by lantern light with the Ghosts of Marietta Walking Ghost Tour. Tours are 90 minutes and the walk is under a mile. Tours are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.