Happy New Year from Frugal Family! Right now we all could use some great bargains going forward into the New Year. Whether shopping with coupons or looking for two-for-one deals, we're taking advantage of all sorts of offers and savings that help us stretch our dollars.
This week, Frugal Family scoured our local sources to come up with great deals on car repairs, free kids cooking classes and more.
Kick off the New Year with the following deals. If you see something you like, print the page the ad is on and mention Patch Codes below:
1) G&S Auto & Mufflers/Complete Car Repair. If you want something fixed on your car, this is the place to go and I’ll tell you why: They are honest, fast and don’t ever try to give you a list of things they found that "require your immediate attention" for an outrageous amount of money. It’s family-owned/operated and the mechanics aren’t on commission. There are no add-ons, extras or surprises here. Currrent Specials:
- 4–wheel alignment from $49.95
- Oil changes from $19.99, which include up to 5 quarts of oil, new oil filter and free fluids check
- 10% off any break service
- Custom dual exhaust from $259.95
2) Young Chefs’ Academy Free Cooking Class for Kids. You supply the chefs, they’ll supply the rest! Young Chefs’ Academy-Marietta/Acworth is a cooking school that teaches children to cook and have fun with it. Limited space available. Must call ahead to reserve a spot and mention Patch coupon while booking class.
Valid until Jan. 15, and not valid with any other offers or discounts. Contact: 770-427-COOK (2665) www.youngchefsacademy.com/marietta Code: PatchYCA
2769 Chastain Meadows Parkway (near Walmart off Barrett Parkway and I-575)
- $45 per month single line unlimited talk, text and web. Powered by T-Mobile. $35 each per extra line, up to 5. Valid through Jan. 7.
- No annual contract
- Nationwide network
- Only at Walmart
- One Touch 506A $34.96—2mp camera, FM radio, music player
- Samsung T369$69.96 (was $99.96)—VGA camera, Blutooth Capable.
Go to www.walmart.com for additional details. Code: PatchFM
4) QuikTrip—All Locations. $1.59 for cappuccino up to 24 Oz and glazed doughnut. Offer continues until further notice.
5) Common Sense Little Tip with Big Savings: If you buy a soda or coffee on a regular basis, make it a bi-weekly treat instead. The average cost of a soft drink or coffee is about $1.25 to $2. That’s $8.75 to $14 per week or $455 to $728 per year. Still treat yourself; just limit to twice a week and save $300 to $525. Small effort make big savings!
You are a big part of this column. Let us hear about the deals you've seen. Just add them to our comment box. Then come back each week and see what we've uncovered together.