The public is invited to celebrate July 4th from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. with an Independence Day parade and celebration on Marietta Square. The Fourth in the Park Festival includes free concerts, an arts and crafts show, food, carnival games and a fireworks finale.
Marietta Independence Day Parade
- Scheduled to include 110 entries and approximately 2,000 participants.
- Starts at around 10 a.m.
- Route: Begins at Roswell Street Baptist Church, moves west on Roswell Street to north on East Park Square past Glover Park and Marietta Square then down Cherokee Street and ends at North Marietta Parkway.
- Entries include marching units from city of Marietta, civic organizations, beauty queens, scouts and local businesses.
Temporary Road Closures
- Roswell Street west of Cobb Parkway and all streets it crosses will be closed for the parade from 9:30 a.m. until around 12:15 p.m.
- North, South, East and West Park Square around Marietta Square will be closed the entire day (July 4) for festival.
- Church Street at Polk Street: Will close on July 3 at 6 p.m. for event setup.
Crafts, Food and Carnival
- Arts and crafts show with 90 vendors: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Food concessions: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Carnival games: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets for games will be available at booths located throughout the park.
Stage in Glover Park
- Noon — Scott Thompson
- 2 p.m. – National Bell Ringing
- 2:15 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
- 2:30 p.m. – Sons of the American Revolution
- 7 p.m. - Michael Mango
- 8 p.m. – Peachtree Station (country)
- Scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Will be shot from First United Methodist Church parking lot.
- If bad weather is expected, fireworks may begin few minutes early to ensure entire display is completed.
- Want to watch fireworks? Make sure you get there early to grab spot because traffic is expected to be heavy.
- Rain date: None announced yet; if weather is bad, organizers will make announcement that evening.
- Marietta Visitors Bureau: July 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum: Closed July 4
- Marietta Museum of History: Closed July 4
- Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art: Closed week of July 4
City Offices Closed July 4
City of Marietta administrative offices will be closed on July 4 in observance of the holiday. Take a look at the schedule for other Marietta offices and services during the holiday week.
More on the Fourth of July
- Cobb Police offer these safety tips for the home during the July 4th season.
- Take a look at last year's festivities in Marietta.
- Take a look at the schedule for city offices, power and water offices, museums, libraries, the visitors’ bureau, police, fire and other services in Marietta during the week of July 4th.
- Know the Dangers of Fireworks.
- Fireworks: What's Legal, What's Safe.