Marietta Memorial Day Celebrations
A veterans' uniform display, history walks, artillery demonstrations, patriotic music, a gun salute, prayers, a JROTC drill team performance and more—take a look at this weekend's patriotic happenings.
1. A Memorial Day Veterans' Uniform Display will be at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park from Thursday, May 24 through Monday, May 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Learn more about the display here.
2. On Saturday, May 26, go on a Cheatham Hill History Walk at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. Meet at the Cheatham Hill Battlefield area parking lot, near bulletin board.
3. On Saturday, May 26, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts and Brownies at the Marietta National Cemetery will decorate each grave site with a United States Flag. The program begins at 8:30 a.m. Parking is available at the library across Roswell Street.
4. Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park will host Artillery Demonstrations on Sunday and Monday, May 27 and 28 at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
5. Come out for patriotic music, posting of the colors, prayers, a gun salute and speakers at the Marietta National Cemetery on Monday, May 28 at 12 p.m.
6. On Monday, May 28, the Kennesaw Mountain High School's JROTC drill team will perform at 1 p.m. at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park.
7. Celebrate Memorial Day with Project Poppy at the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield. Visitors can purchase poppies in honor of a veteran for $1. The poppies are the handwork of local school children.