With the metropolis of Atlanta to the south and numerous renowned musical venues peppered across the metro area, Marietta's music scene is often lost amid the din. But as any Marietta music lover knows, the local scene here remains vibrant and essential. Marietta Patch is here to help you navigate it.
1. The Local at Sidelines at 1440 Roswell Rd. will kick off the party Friday night at 8 p.m. with Bright New, a rockin’ and rollin’ quartet from Atlanta. Saturday, come out and hear the British heavy metal, power metal and speed metal stylings of the band Sciatica; the Houston-based Dio Tribute metal, hard rock band The Last in Line; and the metal Tampa, Fla.-band Resurrection starting at 8 p.m. $10 cover.
2. Darwins Burgers presents a Blues Jam hosted by The Cazanovas on Thursday starting at 8:30 p.m. At 9 p.m. Friday, Mudbone Turner fills the air with blues. Saturday at 9 p.m., Uncle Sugar hits the stage with their blues/rock.
3. Come out to Brewsters Grille's Friday night for its Dart Tournament, which starts at 8 p.m. Brewsters will host the 70s, 80s, 90s to present rock and dance stylings of Sinner Sanctum from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. On Sunday, come out for karaoke with Spirit Entertainment from 7 to 11 p.m.
4. The nationally recognized Harrison High School Band is hosting their annual Afternoon and Night of Jazz on Friday at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at The Strand. Afternoon of Jazz tickets are $10 and Night of Jazz tickets are $15. The Night of Jazz show will also feature Umcolisi Terrell and the Kennesaw State University Jazz Combo. From ages 2 to 102, all will enjoy the music of jazz standards to popular favorites performed by these groups. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself dancing in the aisles.
5. Get on your feet and dance to the country stylings of the Melanie Denard Band from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday at Hemingway's Bar and Grille. Freewheelin" brings back covers of the 60s, 70s and 80s classic rock songs you love from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday.