Marietta Patch Seeks Mothers
A solicitation for readers to join the Marietta Patch Moms Council (and, yeah, dads, feel free to apply) tops The 5 Things today.
1. Blame it on Groundhog Day if you think you have read this before (and, yeah, we have published something like this before). Marietta Patch is looking for mothers (and some fathers) to be a part of our Moms Council. Why ask today? Because Wednesdays will feature a variety of family-related content from a "Frugal Family" column to Q&As with mothers to ideas for weekend family adventures. Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments and suggestions.
2. The Cobb/Marietta Retired Educators holds a weekly book club each Wednesday. Today, it's at the Mountain View Public Library, 3320 Sandy Plains Road, and the featured book is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Contact Bonnie Williams at 770-971-6130 or email@example.com.
3. For your civic duty enjoyment today, the Cobb Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals meets today at 6:30 p.m. in the second-floor Board of Commissioners room at 100 Cherokee St.
4. The West Cobb Senior Center is sponsoring an AARP Driver Safety Class from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The program is $12 for AARP members and $14 for everyone else. Call 770-528-8200 for details and registration.
5. Enough with the groundhogs. Today is also Hedgehog Day, thanks to Sega. The gaming company often connects its promotions with Groundhog Day, starting with the Feb. 2, 1994, release of Sonic the Hedgehog 3. No word on what happens if Sonic sees his shadow, though.