Marietta Road Work Updates: March 11-15
Check out the latest updates on road constructions, delays and detours around Marietta.
Here are the latest updates on road work being done around Cobb County, according to Commissioners Bob Ott, Helen Goreham, JoAnn Birrell and Lisa Cupid. and the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT).
Barrett Parkway Construction
Northbound Barrett Parkway (Burnt Hickory Road to US 41)
- Expect daily periodic lane closures or delays from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. between Burnt Hickory Road and Cobb Parkway (US 41). One lane will remain open during grading operations, bridge construction, wall construction, and storm drainage construction.
Southbound Barrett Parkway (Cobb Place to Burnt Hickory Road)
- Periodic lane closures continue from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. with one lane open as the contractor continues grading operations, wall construction, and storm drainage work.
Canton Road at Cobb Parkway
- From mid-April through end of the year
- Canton Road will be closed at Highway 41 for eight months for bridge replacement. GDOT will close northbound lane of Canton Road, while southbound lane remains open.
- Commuters can use Canton Road Connector instead from northbound on Canton Road out of city—turn right on Industrial Park Drive, left on Cobb Parkway then right onto Canton Road Connector.
- Click here for detour map.
New Chastain Road Bridge Replacement
- From May through August, Cobb County DOT is scheduled to begin work on replacing the westbound bridge on New Chastain Road over Noonday Creek.
- During the construction, the westbound lanes will be closed, and traffic will be detoured to the eastbound bridge, with one lane open in each direction.
I-285 Top-End Resurfacing
Expect delays as Georgia DOT continues working on a $56 million resurfacing project on I-285. Crews will resurface 10 miles of I-285 between Paces Ferry Road in Cobb County and Ashford Dunwoody Road in DeKalb County. Most work will take place nights and weekends. The project is scheduled to complete in August.
Detour for Multi-Use Trail
- Through Monday, March 11;
- Sections of the Cochran Shoals multi-use loop trail will be detoured during required maintenance of the Colonial Pipeline gas transmission easement. The detour affects a 500-foot segment of the upland (northwest) side of the trail beginning at the Columns Drive parking lot.
Davidson Road to Willow Point Pkwy
- Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with one lane open for your commute. The contractor will be grading and placing concrete, and work on asphalt paving between Hyde Road and Asheforde Drive.
Willow Point Pkwy to Timber Ridge Road
- Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open for commute.
Hicks Road Sidewalks
- Frontier Trail to Floyd Oaks Drive and the Intersection of Hicks Road and Hurt Road.
- Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with one lane open as the contractor places concrete sidewalks and final dressing.
Paper Mill Road Bridge Replacement
- Starting in May, Cobb County Department of Transportation will begin work on replacing the bridge and adding a pedestrian bridge over Sope Creek on Paper Mill Road. The new bridge will include a six-foot sidewalk on the south side, providing access to the National Park Service trails.
- Paper Mill Road will be closed at the bridge for approximately four months for the summer. Signed detour routes will be provided during construction. Additional detour information will be made available at a public information meeting in April.
Clay Road to Hicks Road
- Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open while the contractor installs new water main, storm drainage and grading
Pedestrian Access at Floyd Road
- Pedestrian traffic may be affected as crews remove old sidewalks while new sidewalks are being constructed along the east side of Floyd Road. Additional traffic barrels and directional signage will assist pedestrians needing access to existing CCT bus stops.