Marietta Woman Killed Crossing South Cobb Drive
The pedestrian, Jennie Coston of Marietta, did not cross the roadway in the provided crosswalk.
A pedestrian was struck by a 2000 Toyota Corolla while she was attempting to cross South Cobb Drive near Appleton Drive on Sunday, according to Cobb Police.
The pedestrian, Jennie Coston of Marietta, did not cross the roadway in the provided crosswalk, Police said.
The driver of the 2000 Toyota Corolla has been identified as 20-year-old Katie Trivette of Lawrenceville.
Coston, 55, was transported by ground to WellStar Kennestone Hospital in critical condition.
On Monday, Cobb Police were notified that Coston died as a result of the injuries she sustained in the collision.
No charges are expected to be filed in this investigation.
The accident is one of many involving people crossing roads outside crosswalks in Cobb County this year. Among them:
- Another Pedestrian Hit Crossing Road.
- Marietta Man Killed Crossing Austell Road.
- Pedestrian Injured in Roswell Road Accident.
- Pedestrian Killed Near Southern Poly.
- Another Death Crossing Austell Road.
- Pedestrian Struck, Injured in Marietta Accident.