Unidentified Woman Hit, Killed by Car
An unidentified pedestrian was hit and killed in a crash on Sandtown Road in Marietta early Saturday morning.
The identity of the black woman, approximately 5-foot-4, 110 pounds, is not known. She is believed to be in her forties or fifties and has short gray hair.
The driver has been identified as Rocio Mandujano, 18, the MDJ and Examiner report.
Anyone with information that may help in identifying the victim is asked to call Cobb police at (770) 499-3987.
This year has seen several accidents involving vehicles hitting pedestrians:
- A Marietta Police officer was seriously injured in August when he was hit by a car while conducting traffic.
- A 2000 Toyota Corolla struck a pedestrian while she was attempting to cross South Cobb Drive near Appleton Drive in May.
- A 21-year-old Marietta man was hit by a car while crossing Roswell Road at North Marietta Parkway.
- In April, a Marietta man was killed trying to cross Austell Road just north of Hicks Road.
- A man suffered serious injuries when he walked across Atlanta Road south of Old Clay Street and was struck by a red 1991 Ford Mustang,
- A 50-year-old man crossing South Marietta Parkway, by Southern Polytechnic State University, was struck by a car Feb. 25 and died at Kennestone Hospital.
- Wendy Nolan, 39, was struck by a red 2004 Toyota Corolla on Feb. 24 while crossing Austell Road south of Marietta. Nolan was pronounced dead at Kennestone Hospital.
- Preston Lee Hester, 62, of Greensboro, NC, was trying to cross Powder Springs Road against the light on Feb. 23 when he was hit by a green 2002 Toyota Camry that was traveling north on Powder Springs Road on a green light.
- Former McEachern football coach Charles Collins, 66, of Smyrna was killed just on Feb. 23 when he was hit by a white 2004 Chevrolet Silverado while he was trying to cross Atlanta Road in Smyrna.