1. The humidity, the chance of rain and possibly the 90s return today, the National Weather Service says. The high will be about 90, and there’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. That rain possibility continues through the night, when the low will be around 68.
2. The volleyball teams from and the head to Northeast Cobb this evening for matches at , while the Marietta High softball team stays home for a 7:30 p.m. game against Sandy Springs’ .
3. has a this afternoon at 3, thanks to the support of the . An $8 charge applies for nonmembers who want to stay or arrive early for open play. Space for the yoga class is limited, and it requires advance registration. Call 678-361-2980 for details.
4. Today is your last chance to eat out and earn money for Communities in Schools of Marietta/Cobb County. Just print the attached Dine Out for Kids flier and bring it to breakfast, lunch or dinner with you. Participating Marietta restaurants are , , three Chick-fil-A locations (, and ), , , and . Here’s the full list of eateries participating.
5. The benefit concert canceled for Saturday night at a private home in East Cobb is back on, now on the roof of the French American Brasserie in downtown Atlanta, media outlets including the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Marietta Daily Journal report. Scott Smith, owner of , is behind the Gin Blossoms concert, called the Kia Soul Summer Series; it benefits the American Heart Association. According to a flier posted on the dealership’s Facebook page, tickets are $100 in advance and $125 at the door, including food and booze.