The city of Marietta will offer free Christmas tree pick up to residents on Wednesday, Jan. 9.
What residents have to do before trees are picked up
- Must have tree -- free of decorations, lights, stands, tinsel and nails -- curbside by 7 a.m.
When trees will be picked up
- Marietta's Streets Division is picking up trees at random, if they're on curb now
- Environmental Services Division will begin picking up trees Jan. 9, 2012, with resident's regular Wednesday vegetative waste pickup
- Residents who are waiting for Environmental Services Division to pick up tree should have them curbside by Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 7 a.m.
- If residents are taking chance on the Streets Division coming through neighborhood before then, put your tree by curb now
- This is for Christmas trees only, not regular household garbage
- Artificial trees will be picked up on customer's last pick-up day of week with regular household garbage
- Residents can also bring their live trees to Marietta Power and Water complex, 675 North Marietta Pkwy.
Free mulch available
- Trees that are picked up will be recycled into mulch
- Mulch: available for free to residents at Marietta Power and Water complex
- Residents: check with Marietta Power to see if there is more mulch available during year
More info: Marietta's Environmental Services Division, 770-794-5595