October film screenings at Cobb County Public Library System branches include entertaining and thought-provoking movies for all ages. Films are in the lineup for the Central, Mountain View, East Cobb and East Marietta branches.
- Monday Night Mania: Film series at 3 p.m. each Monday afternoon at Central. Here’s the October screenings: Oct. 8, La Bamba (PG-13); October 15, Manchurian Candidate (PG-13); October 22, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (NR); Oct. 29, The Candidate (PG)
- Children’s Saturday Cinema runs at 3 p.m. at Central. Films in the series in October are: October 6, Thumbelina (G); October 13, The Pirates! Band of Misfits (PG); October 20, The Lorax (PG); and October 27, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (G).
- Mountain View is hosting the School’s Out Early Movies at the Library series, October 22-25 at 3:30 p.m. each day. The series – The Pirates! Band of Misfits, The Lorax, A Bug’s Life, and Chicken Run – will be during a week of early release dates for Cobb County School District elementary and middle school students.
- East Cobb’s Sherlock Holmes Film Festival is Saturdays at 2 p.m.
- FilmFest, a series of short films based on picture books, is at East Marietta. The series runs Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on film screenings and other events at the libraries, visit the Programs section of cobbcat.org or call any library branch.