If you aren’t a regular patron of Cobb County Libraries, you probably think it offers little more than checking out books. That’s far from the truth; Cobb libraries have wonderful, educational and fun activities for every age group.
Film making for teenagers and free family movie matinees are ongoing events at the library. Also, February celebrates Black History Month and Cobb County Libraries have great activities for the entire family designed to educate and entertain. Put the following activities on your calendar; they are great escapes on a cold, wintry weekend. Go to www.cobbcat.org for complete details.
Celebrating Black History Month at West Cobb Regional Library
- Free Family Movie Matinee—Saturday, Feb. 22 at 3:30 p.m. Free. “The Princess and the Frog” (98 minutes, rated G) celebrates African American actors in film. Bring your snacks! For more information, call 770-528-4699. 750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw 30152.
- African American History Bingo—Wednesday, Feb. 29 at 3:30 p.m. For school-aged children. While they think they are just playing a fun game and winning prizes, they are learning valuable history at the same time. School age children are invited to play games and win small prizes For more information call 770-528-4699. 1750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw 30152.
Film Making for Teens
- Triple D Film Production Company—Every second Saturday at West Cobb Regional Library from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free to participate. Registration required. Teenagers get hands on experience in film making. 1750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw 30152
Activities For Kids
- Rea Ding Paws—West Cobb Regional Library. Kids who can read get the opportunity to read to a real live dog named Paws. It’s a great way for children who are just learning to read to get more experience reading aloud. For more information, email email@example.com.
Family Fun: Make a Day Out of It!
- Go Fish—The 'Go Fish' pass can be checked out for seven days and can be renewed once from branches of the Clayton County Library System. It is good for free admission to the Go Fish Education Center in Perry for up to six visitors. Learn, live and close up, all about fish. 1255 Perry Parkway, Perry 30169. For more information go to gofisheducationcenter.com