1. Wednesday, Oct. 10 through Saturday, Oct. 13: Junior League of Cobb-Marietta’s Annual Mistletoe Market: Shoppers can plan to get an early start on their Holiday gift giving at the 22nd Annual Mistletoe Market hosted by the Junior League of Cobb-Marietta (JLCM). The JLCM’s Mistletoe Market is a 3½ day shopping event held at the Cobb County Civic Center located at 548 South Marietta Parkway in Marietta.
Wednesday, Oct. 10, 6 to 9 p.m., Oct. 11 and Oct. 12 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Oct. 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Oct. 12 and Oct. 13 at 8 p.m.: The Cobb County Classic Rodeo is riding into Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta. The fun will last about two hours each night. Admission at the gate is $15 for adults and $12 for children.
3. Oct. 12 through Oct. 14: The Cobb County Library and The Friends of the Library are hosting their Semi-Annual Book Sale at Jim Miller Park. Over 100,000 items are for sale at the event, which takes place in the spring and fall for three days beginning on Friday. Sale items include books both hardbound and paperback for children, young adults and adults; audio-visuals including books on tape and compact disc; videocassettes; compact discs; records; magazines; and comic books.
4. Oct. 12 at 8 p.m.: The Packway Handle Band will perform at the Strand Theatre. The Packway Handle Band emerged from a small bluegrass scene in Athens in 2001, finding national acclaim first as finalists at the Telluride bluegrass competition in 2002 and 2003, and then taking second place in 2004.
5. Oct. 14 at 3 p.m.: “Nosferatu” will be shown at the Strand Theatre. This classic 1922 German Expressionist horror film was directed by F. W. Murnau and stars Max Schreck as the vampire Count Orlok.