1. Atlanta Pleasure Band will play the final Glover Park Concert of the season at 8 p.m. Friday. Blankets and lawn chairs may be set up in the park after 4 p.m. Personal tables are not permitted in the park but may be set up on North Park Square after 6 p.m.
2. Marietta Reads!, the Marietta City Schools (MCS) citywide effort to foster reading and literacy in the community, celebrates its tenth-year anniversary Saturday, Sept. 29, in Glover Park in the Marietta Square from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Get details on the event here.
3. The Atlanta Lyric Theatre presents Cole Porter’s classic 1930s musical Anything Goes through Oct. 7, at the Strand Theatre. Learn more about the production here.
September 27, 28, 29, 30: Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
4. On Sunday, Marietta Square will host the barbecue treats of restaurants such as Rib Ranch, Williamson Bros, Dave Poe’s and more. Attendees of the fourth annual Whole Hawg Happenin’ BBQ and Music Fest will also find the Budweiser Beer Garden, BBQ Alley, a food court area complete with strolling entertainment, BBQ cooking demonstrations and more family fun activities
5. The second annual Art & Design Show House takes place from Friday, Sept. 14 to Saturday, Sept. 29, and is a fundraiser benefiting the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art. The event brings together the artistic works of local artists with interior designers who coordinate the interior design ‘around’ the art. The 2012 show house takes up residence in The Park at Anderson Farms at the home of Dr. William K. Farrar and Debbie Farrar. 256 Hanson Way, Marietta. For more information, call (770) 528-1444.
6. The annual at Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta.