1. It's time for the Gobble Jog - 5 K and 10 K. On Nov. 22 from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., runners will fill Glover Park on Marietta Square for the grand event.
- 10K walk/run, qualifier for seeding in Peachtree Road Race and U.S. 10K Classic
- 5K walk/run
- 1K walk/run
- Tot Trot, kids 5 and under
Proceeds will benefit MUST Ministries.
2. "North by Northwest" (1959) (PG) kicks off a weekend of films at the Strand Theatre on Friday, Nov. 23, at 8 p.m. Starring Cary Grant, the film tells the story of Madison Avenue advertising man Roger Thornhill. Thornhill finds himself thrust into the world of spies when he is mistaken for a man by the name of George Kaplan. Foreign spy Philip Vandamm and his henchman Leonard try to eliminate him, but when Thornhill tries to make sense of the case, he is framed for murder.
3. "The Princess Bride" (PG) will celebrate its 25th anniversary with a showing at the Strand Theatre on Nov. 24 at 8 p.m. Dress as a princess or pirate and get $2 off your ticket. No swords allowed. This 1987 film is a fan favorite. Live organ pops variety show and sing-along featuring The Strand’s Mighty Allen Theatre Organ start at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $8 for adults and $7 for students, seniors and military.
4. "Pandora's Box" at will be presented at the Strand Theatre on Nov. 25 at 3 p.m.