1. The annual North Georgia State Fair will begin Thursday and run through Sunday, Sept. 30 at Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta.
2. The second annual Art & Design Show House takes place from Friday, Sept. 14 to Saturday, Sept. 29, and is a fundraiser benefiting the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art. The event brings together the artistic works of local artists with interior designers who coordinate the interior design ‘around’ the art.
The 2012 show house takes up residence in The Park at Anderson Farms at the home of Dr. William K. Farrar and Debbie Farrar. 256 Hanson Way, Marietta. For more information, call (770) 528-1444.
3. The Atlanta Lyric Theatre presents Cole Porter’s classic 1930s musical “Anything Goes”, Sept. 21 through Oct. 7, to kick off its 33rd season. The musical introduced several songs that have become legendary standards, such as “Anything Goes,” “It’s De-lovely,” “Friendship,” “You're the Top,” “Blow, Gabriel, Blow,” and “I Get a Kick Out of You.”
Performance dates and times at the Strand Theatre are:
- September 21, 22, 23: Friday & Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
- September 27, 28, 29, 30: Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
- October 4, 5, 6, & 7: Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
4. Join the Marietta Trolley Co. for a ride through Marietta history Thursday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Highlights of the tour include Marietta Square/Glover Park, the Western & Atlantic Depot, National Cemetery, Tranquilla, Kennesaw Mountain and the Root House.
5. Walk the streets of haunted Marietta by lantern light with the Ghosts of Marietta Walking Ghost Tour. Tours are 90 minutes and the walk is under a mile. Tours are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.