What is it that we love most about estate, garage and yard sales? I enjoy seeing other people's stuff. It's interesting to discover new objects, tools, jewelry and things that other people can tell you about.
The bargains - can't beat'em. Where else can you buy something of quality for less than a dollar?
Grab a friend and embark on a fun-filled day of sale hopping.
1. Hanover Woods subdivision multi-family sale. Furniture, small kitchen appliances, bikes, clothes, home decor, and much more. Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to noon. Roswell Road by the loop. For GPS users, enter 452 Guilford Circle, Marietta.
2. Huge, multi-family garage sale. Lawn mowers, garden tools, outdoor lawn chairs, baby gates, several strollers, feeding seats, educational toys and books. Name brand baby and toddler clothing from Strasburg Kids, Gymboree, GAP, Patagonia, and other boutique brands. Available furniture includes a king size solid oak bed, a queen size birch bed, dining room table and chairs, toddler beds, and more. Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. 805 Nob Ridge Drive, Marietta.
3. Autumn Lake subdivision sale. Children's furniture, men's watches, children's clothes, books, movies, electronics, household goods, children's toys, furniture, rugs, a very cool train table, and more. Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. 2244 Mainsail Court. Autumn Lake Subdivision is located off of East Piedmont Road, 1/4 mile from Sprayberry High School.
4. Barrett Creek neighborhood garage sale. All homes participating will have a balloon on their mailbox. All types of items will be available. Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Located about two blocks south from the intersection of Bells Ferry Road and Piedmont Road/Barrett Parkway.
5. Here's a garage sale that collectors and antique lovers will enjoy. Vintage collectibles, antiques, upright 1980's Pac-Man game, classic 60's Seeburg Jukebox full of 45s (that needs to be lubricated), Art Deco period lighting and chandeliers, US Coin Proof sets, yard tools, furniture for every room of your house, and more. Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. 2874 Sudbury Court.