Crews continue wall construction on Old Highway 41 as part of the Barrett Parkway project. All six lanes of traffic are open on Barrett Parkway, with final completion expected by the end of the year.
Barrett Parkway has three lanes of traffic open in each direction.
Barrett Parkway (Burnt Hickory Road to US 41): Expect periodic lane closures northbound 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, between Burnt Hickory Road and Cobb Parkway (US 41) with two lanes remaining open as the contractor performs grading operations, wall construction, signal work and begins final roadway striping. Utility relocation should not affect your service.
Barrett Parkway at Home Center Drive Intersection: Expect intermittent lane closure 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at this intersection with at least one lane remaining open as the contractor continues clearing operations, erosion control, grading and placing concrete. Utility relocations should not affect your service.
Jiles Road Construction
Cobb Parkway to CSX Railroad Bridge: Expect intermittent lane closures 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open, while the contractor performs punch list work including concrete work, traffic signals and water system items.
Asphalt paving operations - which include lane closures though one lane will remain open at all times - are scheduled Monday, Aug. 26, through Friday, Aug. 30, on the following roads:
- Old Stilesboro Road from Acworth Due West Road to Mars Hill Road
- Night Work – Barrett Lakes Boulevard from Barrett Parkway to Chastain Road
- Night Work – Busbee Parkway from Wade Green Road to LA Fitness Driveway
- Night Work – Church Street Extension from Old Highway 41 to Canton Road Connector
- Night Work – Duncan Road from McCollum Parkway to Barrett Lakes Boulevard