Get out to concerts and theater on Marietta Square, the First Friday Art Walk, the 36th annual May-retta Daze Arts and Crafts Festival and Heritage Crafts Day.
1. Bring your lunch and enjoy local musician Sonya Schell (Variety) Thursday, May 3, at noon on the stage in Glover Park on the Square.
2. Don't miss the ' world premiere of local playwright Raymond Fast's dark comedy "Bonneville Love" opening Friday, May 4, on the Stellar Cellar stage at .
Directed by Carolyn Choe, it stars Emily Tyrybon and Matt Calvo as a couple of lovebirds whose lives take a sudden sharp turn when the husband is diagnosed with a terminal illness. Performances Friday, May 4, and Saturday, May 5, at 8 p.m. Call the box office at 770-218-9669 for reservations.
3. Take a self-guided tour around Marietta Square on Friday, May 4, for the and visit more than 30 merchants who will host artists in their stores.
This year's will feature Artists' Alley, an intimate exhibit of juried artists showing a wide variety of styles in the warehouse space at . Artists will also give demonstrations around the Square.
4. If you love to collect pottery, jewelry or paintings and want some relaxing family fun on Saturday, May 5, and Sunday, May 6, visit the in Glover Park on Marietta Square.
More than 100 local and area artists and craftspeople will display and sell their work at the 36th annual event. Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Join for Heritage Crafts Day on Saturday, May 5, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Learn about the past through fun in the present. A variety of skills from times gone by will be presented all day.
Crafts such as blacksmithing, lacemaking, beekeeping, pottery, woodworking, farriery, dressmaking and open fire cooking will be presented. There will also be crafts for kids as well as music and clogging for your enjoyment. The event is free and open to the public.
6. Come out to for a live firing demonstration and program on artillery used in the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain on Sunday, May 6, at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.