City officials, fortune 500 companies, celebrities and community members will celebrate the 85th Oscars tonight at Oscar Experience 2013, the only officially sanctioned viewing party in the state.
The Center for Family Resources (CFR), an Atlanta non-profit that helps homeless families become self-sufficient, is hosting the black-tie affair, which serves as a fundraiser for the organization.
The following area leaders will be in attendance:
- John Bachmann, Cobb County native and ABC News Host
- Bob Ott, Cobb Commissioner
- Mark Matthews, Mayor of City of Kennesaw
- Tommy Allegood, Mayor of Acworth
- Alisha Morgan, State Representative
- Tim Lee, Chair, Cobb Commissioners
- Shan Cooper, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics vice president and general manager
Since 1994, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has allowed local charities to host viewing parties. The money generated from the parties remain in the communities where it was raised.
In past years, the Center for Family Resources has raised more than $300,000. It has hosted Cobb's viewing party for the last 13 years.
This year's soiree at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre will include a silent and live auction of high-end trips and dinner with University of Georgia athletes. WSB-TV anchor John Bachman will emcee the event. Doors open at 5:15 p.m. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.