Coconut Cream Macaroons3 7-oz. packages flaked coconut (7 2/3 cups)1 Cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon salt1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)2/3 cup canned cream of coconut (not coconut milk)1 Tablespoon vanilla1/4 teaspoon almond extract1 egg1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz), if desired1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, if desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with foil or cooking parchment paper. On 1 lined cookie sheet, sprinkle 1 cup of the coconut over foil paper. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown; cool. Reserve foil for baking cookies.
- In large bowl, mix toasted coconut, remaining coconut, the flour and salt. In medium bowl, beat milk, cream of coconut, vanilla, almond extract and egg until well mixed. Pour milk mixture over coconut mixture; stir until well mixed.
- On cookie sheets lined with foil, drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown (cookies will be soft in center and set at edges). Immediately slide foil with cookies from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and oil over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.