Glad you clicked on our Grab & Go Kids Planner!
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children.
Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Experience Atlanta Ballet's Fusion. The Atlanta Ballet performs a beautiful mix of African dance, soul and rhythms mixed with traditional Western and European ballet. The program includes company premieres of Val Caniparoli's Lambarena
and Helen Pickett's Petal as well as the world premiere of Christopher Hampson's take on The Rite of Spring.
The show runs Friday through Sunday. For specific times and tickets (some as low as $20), visit the ballet Web site or www.cobbenergycentre.com/ or call the Cobb Energy Centre box office at 770-916-2800.
2. Relive the 125th Ohio Civil War Infantry Encampment. General Sherman's Army is marching once again to Kennesaw. The 125th Ohio Infantry is setting up their Civil War encampment on the front lawn of the from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Musket demonstrations will be performed every hour (timing may be subject to change). Free with museum admission. For information, visit www.southernmuseum.org or call 770-427-2117.
3. Get down to Ragtime at the Strand. The Cobb County Center for Excellence in the Performing Arts at Pebblebrook High School returns to the for this dazzling musical. Ragtime is features turn-of-the-century happenings from many perspectives. Tickets are $15. Group rate of $12 for 10 or more. Performances are 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a 3 p.m. matinee on Sunday. Visit www.earlsmithstrand.org or call 770-293-0080 for information or tickets.
4. Relish in Sweet and Savory Saturdays at the Marietta Museum of History. In conjunction with the museum's "Y'all Come Eat!" exhibit, local chefs, restaurants and vendors bring in yummies to share. This month features Australian Bakery and Southern Aussie foods. Go to http://mariettahistory.org/events.html or call 770-794-5710 for information.
5. Enjoy a picnic in your own backyard or park. Baked chicken, corn on the cob, green beans, fresh squeezed lemonade. All prepared in your own kitchen. Spread out a blanket on the lawn and apply some bug repellent for your skin. A good book of sunny day poems to share lead to enjoying a family time that will etch forever in your hearts.