It’s that time of year again, everyone is considering how they can better themselves in 2013; the trouble lies in actually following through.
- To lose weight. Walking or bicycling to work or while running errands can integrate benefits connected to a healthier lifestyle. More than 25 percent of all auto trips are less than a mile in length, making this a real possibility. Walking or cycling instead of driving can help slim down traffic, air pollution and waistlines.
- To make more friends. Joining a carpool or vanpool is an easy way to meet new people. Atlanta commuters can get assistance finding carpool or vanpool partners who live and work nearby at LogYourCommute.org.
- To reduce stress level. Avoiding a solo drive to work can considerably lower stress levels. Riding in a carpool, vanpool or taking the transit allows commuters to sit back, relax and do something enjoyable such as reading or sleeping.
- To spend more time with family. Teleworking saves Georgia commuters up to two hours a day by eliminating commute trips, which commuters can use to spend more time with family and friends.
- To save money. All commute alternatives cut costs in gas, vehicle maintenance and parking fees.