1. Celebrate Veterans Day with a parade and ceremony on Marietta Square on Nov. 10 at 11 a.m.
The parade starts at Rosweel Street Baptist Church and proceeds to the Square. The ceremony will follow the parade around noon in Glover Park.
2. Don't give up gardening when the weather turns cold. Master gardener Sue Burgess will discuss a variety of plants that one can grow to have a beautiful landscape in the dead of winter on Nov. 9 at noon at the Cobb County Water Lab.
3. "Bertie Higgins and His Band of Pirates" is being presented at the Strand Theatre on Nov. 9 at 8 p.m.
Presented by the We Will Not Forget Foundation, proceeds from the event will benefit the children of our fallen heroes in the military, fire and police departments.
Jon Michaels will open the show, which will be emceed by Moby.
4. It's time for the Cherokee Heights Arts Show on Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Etowah Drive from Freyer Drive to Seminole Drive, just a mile north of the Marietta Square.
The festival will feature neighborhood-made arts and crafts including original paintings, graphics, photography, jewelry, metal work, bird houses, textiles and baked goods. Local authors and poets will autograph their books.
Music stages along Etowah Drive onto Freyer Drive will feature local artists performing free throughout the day. Food will be provided by MaSani Restaurant.
The event includes a free art, play and education booth provided by Nerdy Baby. Free parking along Freyer and Seminole drives.
5. The Marietta Police Department’s Training Unit will host a Firearm Safety Seminar on Nov. 8. The seminar will cover a variety of topics includind safety, laws and alternative weapon usage.