1. Friday, Oct. 26 through Wednesday, Oct. 31: Strandemonium: The Strand Theatre will be presenting the rock and roll spectacular Strandemonium Halloween weekend. There will be music for all ages and blood types with classics like “Monster Mash”, “Purple People Eater”, and “Love Potion #9” to current Halloween hits including “Dead Man’s Party”, “Zombie Prom”, and “Bring on the Freaks.” Friday and Saturday, Oct. 27 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, Oct. 28 at 3 p.m. and Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 7 p.m.
2. Oct. 27: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K is the American Cancer Society’s premier breast cancer event. Registration starts on Marietta Square at 7 a.m. and the run begins at 8 a.m.
3. Saturday, Oct. 27: Marietta Zombie Walk takes place in Marietta Square. Marietta is set to welcome the return of pumpkins, candy, scarecrows and zombies. Carnival of Doom, in association with Marietta.com, The Strand, Zenith Design Group and Johnnie MacCracken’s Celtic Pub are sponsoring the second annual Marietta Zombie Walk benefiting MUST Ministries. The Infestation (gathering) starts at 5 p.m. in Glover Park and the Feeding (Zombie Walk) starts at 6 p.m.
4. Every Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. The Marietta Square Farmers Market gathers an average of over 60 vendors, offering a variety of fresh, locally grown, seasonal produce, and garden products.
5. Fall Festival of Fun: Cobb County Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department along with Cobb County Public Safety, Safe Kids Cobb County and Cobb County 4-H are hosting the 13th Annual Fall Festival of Fun on Wednesday, Oct. 31at the Cobb County Safety Village. The event will begin at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m. This event will provide the children of Cobb County a safe alternative to the traditional Trick-or-Treat in their neighborhoods.
The festival will include arts and crafts, games, inflatable rides, Police and Fire activities, costume and coloring contests, a photo booth and other surprises. Parking, entrance to the park, games, candy and contests are free (there is a fee for concessions and inflatable rides). Come wearing your Halloween costume and be sure to bring a bag to carry all of your candy!