The Marietta-based Atlanta Lyric Theatre was recognized with 13 nominations for the 2013 Suzi Bass Awards.
Commonly known as "The Suzis", the awards honor outstanding achievements in local professional theater.
The Lyric’s “Ragtime” is nominated in the Outstanding Musical Production category.
Other nominations include:
- Outstanding Director of a Musical: Alan Kilpatrick, “Ragtime”
- Outstanding Music Director: BJ Brown, “Ragtime”
- Outstanding Choreographer: Karen Hebert, "Anything Goes" and Jevares C. Myrick, “Ragtime”
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical: Christy Baggett, “Ragtime” and Alison Brannon Wilhoit, “Legally Blonde”
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical: Mary Nye Bennett, “Legally Blonde”
- Outstanding Scenic Design of a Musical: Kat Conley, “Ragtime”
- Outstanding Lighting Design of a Musical: Mary Parker, “Ragtime”
- Outstanding Costume Designer of a Musical: Lindsey G. Paris, "Ragtime"
- Outstanding Sound Designer of a Musical: Bobby Johnston, "Ragtime"
- Best Ensemble of a Musical: The cast of "Beehive"
"Being acknowledged as one of many outstanding theatrical organizations in Atlanta is always an incredible honor," Brandt Blocker, Managing Artistic Director of Atlanta Lyric, said in a press release.
"We would like to thank our many patrons, donors and sponsors who continue to show, year in and year out, that the work of The Lyric matters to our community."
The Lyric has won several Suzi Awards including Outstanding Musical for the 2010 production of “Hairspray” and Outstanding Ensemble of a Musical for the 2012 production of “Ain’t Misbehavin’”.
The ninth annual Suzis will be awarded Nov. 4 at The Porter Sanford Performing Arts Center in Decatur.