Cheesy Potato Casserole
- 1 32 oz bag frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, onion, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in hash brown potatoes.
- Pour and evenly spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter and stir in crushed cornflakes.
- Evenly top casserole with buttered corn flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes.
This recipe can easily be altered into a lower fat version-just use low or fat free sour cream, soup and cheese. In lieu of butter you can use a lower fat spread.