1) The Cobb County Chargers will debut in the opening game of the 2011 Southern Football League semi-pro season at 7 p.m. Saturday, when they play the Georgia Falcons. The game will be a home game for the Chargers played at Osbourne High School.
2) Cobb Parks will be hosting the Annual Fishing Rodeo from 9 to 11:00 a.m Saturday at .
Four age divisions will be offered: 3–6, 7–9, 10–12 and 13–16. Trophies will be given to 1st–3rd places in each division and for the “Overall Big Fish”. The event is free, so grab your fishing pole and join us for a morning of fishing and fun!! For more information, please contact John Purcell at (770) 528-8825 or email@example.com.
3) Randy Travis will be performing at 8 p.m. Friday at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre Friday.
Travis is celebrating the 25th anniversary of his recording career this year. He released an album on June 7 titled “Anniversary Celebration,” featuring duets with other known artists from many genres.
4) Dk Gallery offers a unique opportunity this month to see exquisite selections of significant historical and contemporary folk artists.
The show includes works by Mattie Lou O’Kelly, Ulysses Davis, O.L. Samuels, Valton Murray, R.A. Miller, Mose T, Barbara Olsen, Michael Finster, Howard Finster, Cher Shaffer and Gee’s Bend Quilters. Many of the pieces are courtesy of private collectors in Marietta.
Dk Gallery is located on the historic Marietta Square at 25 W. Park Square. Hours are Tuesday to Saturday from 11 a..m. to 5 p.m., event Fridays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and by appointment anytime. Call (770) 427-5377 or visit www.dkgallery.us for more information.
5) On Friday, Sydney Eloise, Pocket the Moon, Stephanie Caron will be rooftop for Brew with a View. The patio opens at 5:30 p.m. and music starts at 6 p.m. This is a spectacular way to bring in the weekend and enjoy the sunset, while enjoying some acoustic style folk music.