Get out to the Young Actors Playhouse's "Beauty and the Beast" and Out of the Box Theatre's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" on Marietta Square, Touch-A-Truck in Kennesaw, tours of Shoupade Park and more.
YAP Presents "Beauty and the Beast"
- When: Friday, March 15, 7 p.m.
- Where: Former Theatre in the Square, 11 Whitlock Ave SW, Marietta
- What: Young Actors Playhouse (YAP) presents the musical Beauty and the Beast. It tells the classic story of Belle, a young woman, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped in a spell placed by an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self.
- Cost: $15
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
- When: Friday, March 15, 8 p.m.
- Where: The Alley Stage, 11 Anderson St SE, Marietta, GA
- What: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest pits Randle Patrick McMurphy (a convict who has feigned psychosis so that he can spend the final months of his sentence at a mental institution) against Nurse Ratched (the icy head nurse of the ward), who believes that rules must be followed without exception. A band of crazies gets half-inspired, half destroyed by McMurphy’s rebellion and the question remains…was it worth it anyway?
- Cost: $15
Prom Dress Giveaway Event
- When: Saturday, March 16, 11 a.m.
- Where: Station 1 Hot Wing Cafe, 2755 Lee Rd, Lithia Springs, GA
- What: In Waiting, Inc. has collected new and gently worn formal and special occasion dresses to assist young ladies who would otherwise not be able to attend their Spring Prom. Distribution of donated dresses will occur during the “Prom Boutique”. During the boutique girls can choose from a variety of free dresses, they can participate in skin care/makeup and hair sessions and purchase jewelry from vendors.
Tour Shoupade Park - 2013 Phoenix Flies
- When: Saturday, March 16, All day
- Where: , 3444 Cobb Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA
- What: The River Line Historic Area’s Roberta Cook along with Mike Shaffer of the Kennesaw State University Civil War Center, will host tours of Shoupade Park. Reservations are required due to limited parking. Shoupade Park is a historic preservation site featuring two of the nine remaining “Shoupades” designed by Confederate Brigadier General Francis Asbury Shoup during the Civil War.
- Additional info can be found at the Atlanta Preservation Center’s website: atlantapreservationcenter.com/PF_Decennial.
Global Impact Celebration
- When: Saturday, March 16, 10 a.m.
- Where: 2828 Cherokee St NW, Kennesaw
- Get up-close and personal with larger-than-life trucks, heavy construction and public safety equipment, cool cars, specialty vehicles, and even a flying machine. Over 40 vehicles will be on display, along with a variety of other children's activities. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
- Cost: Free
Keep up with all the news you care about by subscribing to our free email newsletter, liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now