1. The takes place on Saturday, Dec. 10 from noon to 8 p.m. at the . The holiday event features a local arts and crafts market, food, festivities and a gingerbread house competition with gingerbread houses on display throughout the entire event. The family friendly event benefits the Dare To Hope Foundation, an Atlanta-based non-profit working to better the lives of children with critical, rare, chronic and complex medical conditions.
Admission is a $5 donation for ages 13 and up; 12 and under are free.
2. The 11th annual Sleighbells on the Square 5K takes place Dec. 10 This is a Peachtree qualifying race. All proceeds will benefit the Children's Emergency Fund. The fee is $20 before Dec. 5 and $25 after Dec. 5. The race course will begin on the square and proceed along Cherokee Street to Freyer Drive to Pine Street to Allgood Road to Chicopee Drive to Margaret Avenue to Church Street to Lemon Street to Cherokee Street and ending on East Park Square.
The 5K starts at 8:30 a.m., the 1K starts at 9:15 a.m., the Tot Trot starts at 9:30 a.m. and awards will be presented at 9:35 a.m.
3. At Santa's Art Studio on Dec. 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., students create seasonal artwork while getting exposure to creative art teachers, different ideas, processes and art mediums. The even takes place at the Art Place Mountain View.
4. Centerstage North's Holiday Show Got a Hankerin' for Holiday Hijinks? will take place Dec. 9 through Dec. 11 and Dec. 15 through 17. The Jones Hope Woeten Comedy will show at the Art Place Mountain View. Call 770-516-3330 for more information.
5. at will run through Jan. 1. The perennial favorite holiday show has the sunny-voiced Sanders Family back just before the beginning of World War II. They're quirky, saintly and delightfully melodic as they interpret everybody's favorite bluegrass gospel music. Back for the 13th holiday season. Recommended for the entire family ages 10 and up.
6. The Artist Attic Holiday Show and Sale takes place at the Art Place Mountain View through Dec. 17. The event includes all hand made items by TAP students, instructors and staff.
7. Bring the kids to Marietta Square to visit Santa’s Workshop on Dec. 10, 11, 17, 18 and 22 through 24. The workshop will be open Saturdays and weekdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Dec. 24 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be closed for lunch from 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Santa must leave at the designated hour each day to attend to holiday business, so be aware that the line will close one hour before closing. Photos with Santa are available.
For more information, call the at 770-794-5601.
8. The Atlanta Lyric Theatre presents its third annual , offering a whimsical celebration at the historic near Marietta Square. Enjoy a traditional tea menu with child-friendly sandwiches, holiday sweets, lemonade and more.
The event lasts approximately one hour, and includes story time and photos with Santa, a personal visit from Cinderella and a special gift for each child. In this beautifully-decorated, intimate setting, you’ll have many opportunities for photos of your child with Santa and Cinderella. The on Dec. 11, Dec. 17 and Dec. 18.