With the metropolis of Atlanta to the south and numerous renowned musical venues peppered across the metro area, Marietta's music scene is often lost amid the din. But as any Marietta music lover knows, the local scene here remains vibrant and essential. Marietta Patch is here to help you navigate it.
1. The hosts its first Open Mic Night this Thursday; click here for details on how you can perform. On Friday, Angela Reign and her country/pop style will be on deck for "Brew with a View" at 6 p.m. At 8 p.m., Blair Crimmins and The Hookers takes the stage with their unique version of swing/ragtime/jazz . Dust off Great-Grandma’s favorite hat, dress to impress and be ready to dance.
2. Wild Wing Marietta has Iron Mullet playing for the masses on Friday and Poor Otis on Saturday. Both of these local groups bring the people out with some great covers and a chance to be as silly as you wish and rock as hard as you can. Tuesdays also have live music from 9 p.m. to midnight.
3. Johnnie McCrackens fills the house with the music of AJ anDrew & the Marietta Sound Machine. “The Crack“ always impresses with the choice of local talent they let in the door. Delicious food and beautiful servers with an eclectic clientele, all inside an historic building, make this a pub you must visit.
4. loves to entertain, and this weekend will be music by the Bryan Clark Band from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. This place has an intimate setting, and they love to fill it with the most amazing musicians they can. For Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons, come out and enjoy acoustic music while people watching.
5. Whitlocks Bar and Grill brings the smooth jazz. Wednesday evening has Reggie Hines on Sax. Friday and Saturday nights on piano is Danny Staggs. Delicious music to eat and drink to.