1. The today holds both a public hearing on its that includes discussion about a proposed fine arts center at .
The budget, a balanced one of $74.5 million, should pass with little fanfare. The board's discussion about the fine arts center might bring a bit of debate, especially since it will include talk of a possible bond issue to pay for it.
The public hearing begins at 6:30 p.m., followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m.
2. For your civic duty enjoyment, the will hold a zoning meeting at 9 a.m. today at its boardroom at , and the Cobb County Development Authority will hold its meeting at 11 a.m. at the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce.
3. participated in a diversity workshop to develop new strategies to recruit and retain qualified, diverse and safety-conscious firefighters and emergency responders. Chief Sam Heaton says the workshop was held in conjunction with other metro Atlanta area fire and emergency services departments and should help the department develop a workforce that better represents the community.
The nonprofit organization FIRE 20/20 provided the training.
4. Today may be hot, but weather reports show that we may get a respite with a week of thundershowers.
5. Appropriately enough, today is National Daylight Appreciation Day? Do you appreciate the sunshine enough? Do you forget how much you crave the sun during the winter months? Are you going to want daylight back after a week of thundershowers? (And, take note, the day is not international, so maybe the rest of the world doesn't appreciate daylight like we do.)