1. Does this sound like a broken record? Today's weather will again be in the 90s --sunny and hot, with a high near 98. The heat index will be well over 100, reports the National Weather Service. Tonight will be mostly clear with a low around 74. If you are working or playing outdoors, keep hydrated and wear light clothing.
2. Check back at 11 a.m. to read more about the new restaurant in Marietta -- the Chicken and the Egg. It opened Monday to wonderful reviews -- and we were one of the first in line for dinner. It is sure to become a great gathering place for the Marietta community!
3. Take your kids to the on the Marietta Square to see "Curious George" (G) today at 10 a.m. Will Ferrell stars as The Man in the Yellow Hat, a gentleman who looks after his pet monkey – an inquisitive and wonderful creature whose enthusiasm often gets the best of him. A live organ pops variety show and sing-along featuring The Strand’s Mighty Allen Theatre Organ begins at 9:30 a.m. Kids under 12 get in free, individual tickets $5.
4. Sandtown Village, a 22-lot subdivision off Sandtown Road north of Austell Road, has a new developer, reports the . Marietta-based Venture Homes is buying the property, valued at $500,000, from East Bluff, who acquired it from United Community Bank after the development went into foreclosure in 2009. Venture Homes has two of the lots under contract and plans to buy 15 more, said Bob White, Venture Homes president.
White received permission from the last week to enlarge the footprint of the homes from a range of 1,400 to 1,700 square feet to 1,550 to 2,600 square feet while keeping the lot sizes the same. The deal hinged upon the change.
5. A favorite way to cool off in the summertime is by enjoying luscious watermelon. Today is National Watermelon Day, so add this favorite food to your meal planning today and enjoy!