.

Acworth Man Pleads Guilty in Courthouse Bomb Threat

Tommie Milan Boleman Jr. phoned in the threat to the Cobb Courthouse in an effort to stave off foreclosure of his home.

Tommy Boleman. Credit: Cobb DA
Tommy Boleman. Credit: Cobb DA

An Acworth man pleaded guilty Thursday to phoning in a bomb threat to the Cobb County Courthouse to stave off foreclosure of his home.

According to a press release from District Attorney Vic Reynolds, Tommie Milan Boleman Jr., 47, told Cobb Superior Court Judge Reuben Green that he phoned in the threat on the morning of Aug. 6.

Chief Assistant District Attorney Don Geary said Cobb Sheriff investigators quickly tracked the number the call came from, which returned to a Verizon phone purchased that same day at a Marietta Walmart. 

Purchase information and store video led them to Boleman, who admitted he had made the call.

Judge Green sentenced Boleman to five years, with one year to serve and one on probation. He was ordered to 40 hours of community service, fined $500 and has to reimburse the county $700 for the cost of his attorney, Mitch Durham of Marietta.

Boleman has been held without bond since his arrest on Aug. 6.

The August bomb threat was the third such threat to the Cobb Courthouse this year, all of them on days of the monthly foreclosure auction. Last month, Jody John Wilson of Woodstock pleaded guilty to phoning in threats on Jan. 2 and May 7. Wilson’s threats also included the Cherokee County courthouse. He was sentenced to 10 years, with one to serve, and fined $7,500 in restitution to Cherokee County.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something