The 2012-2013 burn season has begun. The city picks up residents' yard clippings each Wednesday, but if you burn them instead, follow the Fire Department's conditions.
To burn yard debris
- Consider wind/weather conditions
- Only twigs, leaves and pine straw can be burned. (Exception is recreational burns)
- Must be 50 feet from a structure
- Must have a water hose at the fire
- Must be attended by an adult at all times
- Cannot burn before 10 a.m. and must be extinguished one hour before sunset
- Call Marietta Fire Prevention at 770-794-5466 or visit http://www.mariettaga.gov/city/fire/prevention/burnpermit each day before burning for different permit number. If you don't know on Friday that you will burn over the weekend, you must call and leave a message that you intend to burn.
- May be asked to extinguish by fire department if smoke becomes nuisance
More info: Marietta Fire Department, 770-794-5466