The woman was transported to but died as a result of injuries, the MDJ and Examiner report.
The identity of the black woman, approximately 5-foot-4, 110 pounds, is not known. She is believed to be in her forties or fifties and has short gray hair.
The driver has been identified as Rocio Mandujano, 18, the MDJ and Examiner report.
Anyone with information that may help in identifying the victim is asked to call at (770) 499-3987.
This year has seen several accidents involving vehicles hitting pedestrians:
- A Marietta Police officer wwhen he was hit by a car while conducting traffic.
- A 2000 Toyota Corolla in May.
- A 21-year-old Marietta man was at North Marietta Parkway.
- In April, just north of Hicks Road.
- A man when he walked across Atlanta Road south of Old Clay Street and was struck by a red 1991 Ford Mustang,
- A , by Southern Polytechnic State University, was struck by a car Feb. 25 and died at Kennestone Hospital.
- Wendy Nolan, 39, d south of Marietta. Nolan was pronounced dead at .
- Preston Lee Hester, 62, of Greensboro, NC, was by a green 2002 Toyota Camry that was traveling north on Powder Springs Road on a green light.
- Former football coach Charles Collins, 66, of Smyrna when he was hit by a white 2004 Chevrolet Silverado while he was trying to cross Atlanta Road in Smyrna.