1. There is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today after 2 p.m. and a 30 percent chance tonight until 2 a.m., the National Weather Service says. The high will be about 82, and the overnight low will be around 60. Winds could gust to 15 mph.
2. The offers unlimited rides for $15 today. The fair is open 4 to 11 p.m.
3. The Friends of the is requesting that you recycle your gently used books by donating them to the Cobb County Public Library System. Donations from the public support the ongoing and special book sales held by the Friends. Items may be dropped off at any location of the Cobb County Public Library System, and all donations are tax-deductible.
4. The Cobb County Board of Commissioners meets in an agenda work session at 9 a.m. on the third floor of 100 Cherokee St. to prepare for Tuesday’s 1:30 p.m. work session and 7 p.m. regular meeting. The county Planning Commission meets in a work session at 1:30 p.m. today at 1890 County Service Pkwy. The Transit Advisory Board meets at 6:30 p.m. at 463 Commerce Dr., Suite 114.
5. Cobb County Schools Superintendent Michael Hinojosa is scheduled to visit Lassiter High for a meeting with faculty and the community at 4:30 p.m. today.