The city of Marietta has been awarded federal grant funds to construct a pedestrian/bicycle trail, and citizen input is being sought for the project's design.
A design workshop will take place Aug. 30 from 4-6 p.m. in the City Council chamber located on the lobby level of City Hall, 205 Lawrence St.
- Proposed trail map
- Cemetery Street from Powder Springs Street to W. Atlanta Street
- Total estimated project cost: $884,670
- Partially federally funded: $631,907
- Remaining amount: locally funded
- Expected to be complete in late 2014
Part of trail network
The proposed work will link to a future multi-use trail along Powder Springs Street, improve Brown Park and link to the Kennesaw Mountain to Chattahoochee River (KMCR) trail. The KMCR trail will include a bridge over South Marietta Parkway, will connect downtown Marietta with Brown Park, and connect to Smyrna's trail system and the Silver Comet trail.
More info: 770-794-5668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org