Students, faculty and alumni of Life and Southern Polytechnic State universities, residents, and business and property owners are invited to work with design professionals to identify ways to make the area near Cobb Parkway and South Marietta Parkway a better place to live, work, play and learn.
Participants will "roll up their sleeves" to help draft location-specific plans for new trails, transportation improvements, new destinations, and connections between the Life and SPSU campuses and adjoining areas.
The purpose of the study is to develop a redevelopment plan for Cobb Parkway and South Marietta Parkway, increase visibility of Life and Southern Polytechnic State universities and help to connect the universities with the surrounding community.
Representatives from the city of Marietta, Southern Polytechnic State University and Life University will hold a public design meeting Jan. 15 from 4-6 p.m. at Southern Polytechnic State University's Joe Mack Wilson Student Center (Building A) Ballroom. The meeting is the second of four that will be held to receive public feedback about the study.
- Online beginning Jan. 15
- Will collect more input on area's needs
- Go east (from Marietta Square) or west (from I-75) on S. Marietta Parkway
- Turn on Technology Parkway, entering SPSU campus
- Turn right at first driveway
- Take immediate left into Lot P2 and follow signs to Joe Mack Wilson Student Center (Building A)
- Available in Lot P2, adjacent to the Jack Mack Wilson Student Center (Building A)
- Signs will direct attendees to meeting location