The Marietta City Council made appointments to various positions and boards.
Appointments by City CouncilCity Clerk Appointment
- City Council reappointed Stephanie Guy as City Clerk to serve at the pleasure of City Council at the request of Mayor Tumlin.
- City Council reappointed Douglas R. Haynie, of the firm of Haynie, Litchfield and Crane, as the City Attorney to serve at the pleasure of City Council at the request of Mayor Tumlin.
- City Council appointed David Freedman to Ward 2 of the Marietta Historic Preservation Commission for a three-year term expiring Jan. 8, 2017.
- Protects and enhances the historical and aesthetic attraction to tourists and visitors, which promotes and stimulates business in Marietta
- Provides for the protection, enhancement, perpetuation, and use of places, districts, sites, buildings, structures, and works of art having a special historic, architectural, cultural, or aesthetic interest or value
- Provides reasonable flexibility for property owners to improve and maintain their properties below certain thresholds and for special circumstances
- City Council appointed Johnny Fulmer to Ward 7 of the Marietta Historic Board of Review for a two-year term expiring Jan. 8, 2016.
- City Council appointed Johnny Walker to the Marietta Historic Board of Review as the City Council at-large appointment for a two-year term expiring Jan. 8, 2016.
- Issues certificates of approval
- Ensures that Marietta's historical and architectural buildings, sites, monuments, streetscapes, structures, squares and residential neighborhoods are protected and granted proper investigation before any renovation, restoration, preservation, rehabilitation or demolition takes place, including basic maintenance such as new signage, new awnings or repainting in the historic district.
- The maintenance applies only to exteriors, not interiors
- City Council appointed Ward 4 City Councilman Andy Morris to the Marietta Visitors Bureau for a two-year term expiring Jan. 8, 2016.
Appointments by the MayorHistoric Board of Review
- Mayor Tumlin appointed Johnny Sinclair to Marietta Historic Board of Review as the Mayor's Appointment for a two-year term expiring Jan. 8, 2016.
- Mayor Tumlin appointed Cheryl Richardson, Esq., as an additional Associate Judge to Marietta Municipal Court at will