Two Marietta City Schools students placed for state-level honors in the 2012 Georgia School Bus Safety Poster contest.
Dejiah Thomas, Sawyer Road Elementary placed first in Division II (Grades 3-5). Dejiah’s poster will be on display and judged during school bus safety week at the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) conference in Memphis at the end of October.
Emma Olusegun, Park Street Elementary placed third in Division I (Grades K-2).
Three MCS students also placed first for district-level honors:
- Division I (Kindergarten - 2nd grade): Emma Olusegun, Park Street Elementary;
- Division II (Grades 3 - 5): Dejiah Thomas, Sawyer Road Elementary;
- Division III (Grades 6 - 8): Julia Kirklica, Marietta Middle School.
The 2012 Bus Safety Poster contest theme was “Stand Back from the Yellow and Black”. Posters submitted for the contest had to be original in theme and correct in the safety concept. Judging criteria included relation to school bus safety practices, originality, artwork, execution and visual impact.
2012 Bus Safety Winners 2-2-2
Other District Winners – Division I, II, II
Division I (Kindergarten – 2nd grade)
- Second Place: Odalis Marcial, Park Street Elementary
- Third Place: Cristian Mejia, Park Street Elementary
- Honorable mention: Sergio Vasquez, Park Street Elementary
Division II (Grades 3 - 5)
- 2nd place: Estephanie Bravo, Sawyer Road Elementary
- 3rd place: Renee McGowan, Sawyer Road Elementary
- Honorable mention: Lena Nguyen, Sawyer Road Elementary
Division III (Grades 6 - 8)
- 2nd place: Dennis Vallejo, Marietta Middle School (MMS)
- 3rd place: Dominique Webb, Marietta Sixth Grade Academy
- Honorable mention: Jordan Edwards, MMS