1. The bright lights of Broadway are coming to Marietta Square in a high-energy musical revue of fast paced fun with knockout voices and jaw-dropping dancers performing the very best songs from the heart of the American theatre industry.
is the first of this year’s Strand produced revues to have a two weekend run from August 10-18.
2. is coming to stage at The ’s Jennie T. Anderson Theatre . Get your pink on and join Atlanta Lyric Theatre for this all-singing, all-dancing, feel-good musical comedy.
3. is a 1979 musical thriller
with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and libretto by Hugh Wheeler. Catch the production at 3380 Canton Rd, Marietta on Aug. 10, 11 and 12 at 7 p.m.
4. Avenue Q is coming to Next Stage Theatre Company's Alley Stage on Friday, Aug. 10 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 11 at 8 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 12 at 3 p.m.
Part flesh, part felt, and packed with heart, Avenue Q is a laugh-out-loud musical that tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named Princeton who moves into a New York apartment on Avenue Q.
5. Join the for a ride through Marietta history Thursday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Highlights of the tour include Marietta Square/Glover Park, the Western & Atlantic Depot, National Cemetery, Tranquilla, Kennesaw Mountain and the Root House.
6. Walk the streets of haunted Marietta by lantern light with the . Tours are 90 minutes and the walk is under a mile. Tours are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
7. Don't forget about the Marietta Square Farmers Market on Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon and Sunday, 12 to 3 p.m.