The YWCA of Northwest Georgia will honor 15 Cobb County women at its 27th annual Tribute to Woman of Achievement on Friday.
The women honored have made extraordinary contributions to family, community, charity and their professions, according to a press release.
Marietta honorees include:
- Jeriene Grimes, Creative Director for the Beulah Group;
- Marilou Franklin, C130XJ Program Director for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics;
- Rebecca Nash Paden, Historical Preservationist and Author;
- Debra Pickett McCracken, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction for ; and
- Bonnie Buckner Reavis, Founder and CEO of .
Additional honorees include:
- Allison Gruehn, Buisiness manager for First Presbyterian Church Weekday Preschool;
- Amy Knudsen, Benefits Specialist for Genuine Parts Company;
- Sandy Miller, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Gas South;
- Debbie Michel, Client Service Manager for Travel & Transport, Inc.;
- Avril Beckford, M.D., Chief Pediatric Office for WellStar Pediatric & Adolescent Center;
- Brenda Rhodes, Founder and President of Board of Directors of Simple Needs Georgia;
- Linda Rodrigues, Agency Owner for State Farm Insurance Company;
- Angela Strickland, Director of Energy Efficiency for Georgia Power Company;
- Terri Benson, Financial Sales Executive for IBM; and
- Teri Anulewicz, Councilmember for Smyrna
The 2012 Tribute to Women of Achievement will take place on Friday from 5:30 to 9 p.m., at the Cobb Galleria Centre.
Terri Bunten Guthrie, Executive Vice President for First Landmark Bank, and Pedro Cherry, Metro West Region Manager for Georgia Power Company, are the 2012 Tribute to Women Co-chairs. Joining them as Honorary Co-chairs are Eddie Cooper, Attorney and Shan Cooper, Vice President with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
A silent auction, chaired by Bronwyn O’Dell, Leigh Pharr and Dianne Weeks, will begin at 5:30 p.m. and the theme will be “Open Your Hearts and Purses” to Women and will feature a selection of purses and surprise items. The Awards Recognition Dinner begins at 7 p.m.