The Army Aviation Heritage Foundation will be offering rides in a Huey UH-1 helicopter at the Aviation Wing of the Marietta Museum of History on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The flights take passengers over Marietta and parts of west Cobb County.
The cost is $75 per person for an eight to 10 minute flight. Eight people can ride at a time.
Passengers must meet the following qualifications:
- physically able to care for themselves;
- no health restrictions for flight;
- minimum age of five years old;
- maximum three minors (5-10 yrs.) per flight;
- minors must be accompanied by an adult;
- aircraft seat belt must be able to fasten securely; and
- passenger liability releases must be signed before boarding the helicopter.
A portion of the proceeds benefit the Marietta Museum of History.
The Aviation Wing of the Marietta Museum of History is located at 550 Perrin Road, just off Atlanta Road south of South Cobb Drive.