The Cobb County Public Library System operates a central library and 16 branches across the county and employs a lending system that allows county residents to reserve, borrow and return books and other materials from any branch. CobbCat, the system's online computer database, has replaced most of the traditional card catalogs. Alexandra Beswick is the current central branch librarian.
The central library, which opened in September of 1989 at this location, has 40 computers available for public use. It has more than 300,000 items with 15,000 of them in the local history and genealogy collection within The Georgia Room.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10am - 8pm; Thurs-Sat, 11am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: http://www.cobbcat.org/Policies.html
- Programs/classes: http://www.cobbcat.org/calendar
- Book donation information: Cobb County Public Library is pleased to accept all donations of books and other materials. To donate books and other items, you may drop them off at any branch during regular library hours.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No